Time to Cleanse Your Kidneys?
Aug 14, 2015
Your kidneys perform many essential functions such as filtering wastes from your bloodstream, removing excess water, producing hormones, regulating electrolytes in your body and maintaining blood pressure by balancing salt and water.
Healthy kidneys are integral to a healthy body. They are so important that if this system failed, your body would be poisoned to death quickly. The role of the kidneys is to ensure that waste products are eliminated from the blood stream.
The kidneys may develop stones. Magnesium and Vitamin D in decent amounts can facilitate the utilization of calcium so that calcium stones do not develop.
Here are some of the herbs that I use to help the kidneys stay healthy:
- Buchu Leaf acts like a urinary cleanser, and is mildly fluid-balancing.
- Celery Seeds aid and stimulate fluid balancing.
- The herb Hydrangea has been used traditionally for the urinary bladder and kidneys.
- Juniper Berries act directly on the kidneys, another herb for fluid balancing.
- Parsley is a wonderful herb. Whenever it’s on your plate, eat it. Your body and blood stream will love you for it.
- Last, but not least, there’s Uva Ursi for cleansing the urinary tract.
The National Institutes of Health has recommendations for keeping the kidneys healthy:
- alcohol consumption
- table salt
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- daily physical activity
- blood pressure
- blood glucose levels (if diabetic)
- body weight (and lose weight if you need to)
How are your kidneys doing?
- Michael Schwartz, N.M.D.